Welcome to Fifth Grade Blog!
1. Math IXL 6.H.4 - do 8 problems on paper and turn it in (this is an assignment and needs to be formatted correctly)
No IXL for Group 4
2. Letter to Magic Cabinet Foundation Rough Draft
3. Religion: Eucharist Test
4. States Flashcards due tomorrow
1. Story of the Week: Unbreakable Code pg. 371-385
2. Math IXL: J3 (Class)/V5, V6 (Group 4)
3. Blood on the River Project Due Tomorrow
4. Possessive & Plural Nouns Test Tomorrow
(students can review LA IXL H1-H3)
5. States Flashcards due Thursday
6. Religion: Eucharist Test Thursday
7. Class Mass Tomorrow
1. Math IXL
2. AR Reading
3. Math Assessment for Group 4 tomorrow: Median, Mode, Mean, and Range
4. Math Assessment for class on Thursday: Multiplying and Dividing Fractions
5. States Test Friday
6. Religion - Eucharist Test next Thursday, 23 Feb.
7. Grammar - Plural Nouns vs. Possessive Nouns test next Wednesday, 22 Feb.
8. Religion - Hearts for 4 students due tomorrow
9. Science: Weeds packet due Friday
-Group 4: 6.HH.1 (assessment tomorrow)
-Class: 5.N.5-5.N.12 or 5.M.7, 5.M.8, 5.M.15, 5.M.16 (choose)
-Class assessment on Friday
-AR 20 minutes
-Story of the Week: Blancaflor (test on Friday)
-Test on Friday
-Flashcards completed by tomorrow for states test (test next Friday)
*Drivers for field trip need give a copy of their license and current insurance policy to me by tomorrow
Thursday, 2 February 2017
Tuesday - 13 December 2016
1. There will not be a math assessment until after Christmas vacation. The students have been working on their Advent board game and practicing for the Christmas program. I did not want to squeeze in an assessment without the proper practice.
2. Reading - students are to go through the novel and make notes of Samuel's thoughts, actions, words to the supporting characters and how he changes throughout the story. (Go up to chapter 14) Students started this assignment in class today.
3. Spelling and Vocabulary test on Thurs.
4. Reading Test Thursday
5. Read 20 minutes
Monday, 12 December 2016
* As of 23rd of Dec., Class Messenger will be permanently shutdown. I will be researching some other apps, so that we can continue to communicate.
1. IXL - Ratios (group 4 only)
2. Math - all other groups need to do the 5 problems assigned to them
3. Math assessment on Wed.
4. Reading Test on Thurs.
5. Spelling and Voc. Test Thurs.
6. Christmas Program on Thurs. at 6:30pm in the Church (please have your child in their classroom by 6pm
7. Report cards went out today - please sign and return the envelope tomorrow
8. Christmas Party Breakfast Potluck on Friday. I will be making a hash brown casserole. We need plates and utensils, drinks, and other food items. Mrs. Ramirez will sent up a sign up form on Class Messenger.