Homework and Class Assignments
1. ELA- Island of the Blue Dolphins Vocabulary
Finish 4-square Vocabulary
Choose only 4 Vocabulary words and write a sentence (5-7) words and draw a picture depicting the meaning
Pyramid/Ladders all 14 words.
2 different colors- vowels and consonants
Read Chapter 22 and log minutes on Bookopolis
IOTBD Vocabulary/Spelling Words-
1. Read Chapter 19 Island of the Blue Dolphins pgs. 123-130
2. Complete Chapter 18 worksheet- Constructive Response- Tainor and Lurai
3. Practice Math facts and AR Reading
Wear Class tshirt tomorrow and comfortable bottoms for Field Day tomorrow.
Noon Dismissal tomorrow.
1. Read Island of the Blue Dolphins Chapter 16
Log minutes and summary onto Bookopolis.
2. Complete Chapter 15 worksheet
3. Complete Zearn up to Lesson 6.
Island of the Blue Dolphins
1. Chapter 9-12 Quiz, #5 Sequence
2. Vocabulary Book- up to pg. 9
AR Reading!!!! 25 points due June 8th!!!!
1. Read Chapter 11- Island of the Blue Dolphins
Complete Chapter 11- Character Actions
2. Zearn Fractions
Complete Lesson 5
3. Continue your AR Reading, especially if you need points for your 3rd trimester grade
4. Start thinking about your California Historical Character:
Here are some ideas: Native American (Karana), Eexplorer (Juan Cabrillo), friar/priest from the missions (Father Junipero Serra), trapper, gold rush miner, forty niner, pioneer/settler (Nancy Kelsey), etc.
1. Finish Chapter 5-8 Quiz
2. Complete Corrections on tests
1. IXL X.9 Similes and Metaphors
2. Read AR Reading 30 minutes and log minutes on Bookopolis
1. Re-read Island of the Blue Dolphins (IOTBD) Chapter 5-8
Chapter 5-8 Quiz tomorrow
2. Chapter 10 IOTBD Worksheet-
Constructive Response- Character's Actions
3. IXL ELA X.8 Similes and Metaphors
4. Read AR book and log minutes on Bookopolis
1. Island of the Blue Dolphins worksheets (this week)
Chapter 5- Mood and Tone
Chapter 1-6- Characters
Chapter 7- Summarizing
Chapter 8- Cause and Effect
2. Re-write Religion Prayers- Act of Hope, Act of Love, and Act of Faith
3. Finish Spelling assignment and hw from yesterday
4. Finish writing 3 Narrative Leads from today's lesson
Use your Writers Workshop binder to help you.
1. Zearn- Equaivalent Fractions, Lesson 4
2. Study Vocabulary/Spelling Test tomorrow
3. Study for Morning Math Quiz
Island of the Blue Dolphins Spelling/Vocabulary
-Ladders with vowels/consonants. Students had to write these Spelling/Vocabulary works in ladders form and write the vowels and consonants in different colors.
-Write each word in a sentence showing that you understand the definition. You may use your ELA notebook to help.
Read or re-read John Sutter and be ready to test
Zearn- Equavalent Fractions, Lesson 3
Island of the Blue Dolphins
Re-read Chapter 7 and complete Constructive Response- Summarizing
List or draw six events that happened in Chapter 7 in the order that they happened.
-Please bring in permission slip form and payment no later than this Friday.
-Scholastic orders are due Monday, May 21st.
-Monday is our May Crowning Mass at 11am
1. Complete Chapter 1-6 characters worksheet
2. Read Chapter 7 and log summary and minutes onto Bookopolis.
1. Complete Lesson 1- Equivalent Fractions