AR Reading for 20 minutes
Math Facts with flashcards and/or IXL
Today we had a successful and fun fieldtrip. We were able to hold baby bunnies and chicks. We picked apples from an orchard and fed farm animals. Thank you to all the parents who drove and chaperoned our kids!!!!
Tomorrow is picture day. Make sure students are dressed in school uniform with white polo and red v-neck shirt. AND don't forget your child's picture day form!
Have a blessed day!
1. Finish your Vocabulary/Spelling rough draft copy in your Language Arts Notebook
Make sure to skip lines
2. AR Reading 20 minutes
3. Finish your research on Types of Apples and where they come from
Tomorrow is our first fieldtrip and few reminders:
-Please bring a disposable sack lunch
-Bring lots of bottled water
-Bring a baseball cap to protect yourself from the sun
1. Brainstorm for Vocab/Spelling Story
2. AR Reading for 20 minutes
Make sure it is your level
Your level should be written in your agenda
3. Practice your handwriting (you may write on the worksheet)
1. Adding and Subtracting Large Numbers Worksheet
Reminder about Wednesday's fieldtrip:
-Bring a disposable sack lunch and lots of water
It will be a hot day!
-Wear your red PE shirt and jeans or jean shorts
-You may wear a baseball cap to protect your face from the sun AND wear sunscreen!
1. Finish 4-square vocabulary
Don't forget to outline and color inside with crayon or colored pencil
2. Spelling Test Unit 1.2 tomorrow.
Study! STUDY! STUDY!
3. Reading Comprehension test tomorrow.
Re-read "How Ali Baba Got his Name" in California Treasures.
-I handed out our fieldtrip forms today. They are due this Friday, September 18th.
-Today, was our first oficial P.E. day with our coach and we were so glad to beat the heat. They will be on Mondays for 60 minutes so make sure students are well equipped with water, comfortable shoes, and their P.E. shirt. :)
Don't forget your child's emergency Earthquake kit was due yesterday, September 9th.
WE SURVIVED ANOTHER HOT DAY!!!! A SPECIAL THANKS TO THE AGUIRRE AND HERNANDEZ FAMILIES FOR DONATING FANS TO OUR CLASS!!!! YOU ARE ALL PHONOMENAL FAMILIES!!!!!
1. Math Facts- IXL or Flashcards
2. AR Reading- Write on a notecard what you read
3. Practice Book worksheet p. 23 (Characters, Setting, and Plot)
DON'T FORGET WE HAVE OUR CLASS MASS TOMORROW!!! AND BRING IN YOUR EMERGENCY PACKET KITS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Don't forget your child's emergency Earthquake kit due tomorrow, September 9th.
IXL A.1 Place Value
Students must must work problems until their smart score is 90 or higher.
1. Find 3 facts on your region
2. Bring 1 small (ziplock bag) of beans, corn kernels, lentils, OR rice by Thursday.
"Diary From Here to There" Comprehension test tomorrow.
Read AR Reading for 20 minutes and tell a family member what you read.
Go on Google Maps (Earth) or use a map to identify:
-3 Lakes or Rivers
-3 Mountain Ranges of California
-finish your house
Math Facts on IXL or flashcards
AR for 20 minutes
Don't forget to circle Math Facts and AR reading on your communication log.
Everyday students will be sent home with their communication log. Parents, it is their responsibility to get it signed by you only on Fridays. It is also their responsiblity to show it to you daily so you can keep track of their behavior as well as their homework. We will go into detail at Back to School night next Wednesday, Sept. 2nd if you have further questions. Lastly, students are responsible for marking whether thy did their math facts practice and AR reading.
-Math facts for 20-30 minutes
-Students decide if they would like to IXL or use their flashcards. I would like them to focus on their Number Sense and Addition.
Spelling- if students did not finish their pyramids in class. They must complete and hand in by tomorrow morning.
-Read all 3 family pages with family member
(p. v, vi, and 3)
-Cover book with a family member using the brown paper folded in the book
1. Parent Survey
2. Shutterfly Permission
3. Movie Permission
1. Class Mass tomorrow. Please come in full dress uniform.
Boys: pants, white collared logo polo, belt, and v-neck sweater
Girls: skirt, white collared logo polo, and v-neck sweater
2. We are STAR testing until the end of next week. Don't forget to have a healthy breakfast and come to class prepared and well rested.
3. Back to School night is next Wednesday, September 2nd at 6:30pm. There will be 4 sessions.