1. Workbook p. 16 Subtraction Concepts
Make sure you write down the concept, the number problem, and the unit.
2. Math Facts- Multiplication
Put the sheet in your clear sleeve and use your Expo marker.
Time yourself and write how long it took you to complete.
Goal: 5 minutes
1. Write the 1st paragraph for your Rough Draft for your Spelling/Vocabulary story
Don’t forget to skip lines
2. AR Reading
Bring a magazine from home you can cut up.
What's going on in our class! :)
- For Math, we are focusing on strategies to solve word problems and strategies for subtraction. I know that this can be frustrating for students, but I would like students to think about different ways to solve these problems based on what they already know and what they are learning in class. Don't give up!
-For our class novel, we will be reading Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing. Each student we will be receiving a class copy and we will be focusing on this novel for a few weeks. Students must still have their AR reading book they should be reading at home and transporting back and forth.
-For Language Arts, we are focusing on the Writing Process using our Spelling and Vocabulary words throughout the week.
-For Science, based on our recent fieldtrip to the Painted Pony farm, we are building a Plant Life Cycle Interactive notebook and planted vegetables of our choice and will watch/observe them grow until they are ready to replanted outside.
-For Religion, we have been learning about how God Speaks to Us Through the Church and the Pope as our chief leader. We have been focusing on Peter and how he was our first pope. We have also been watching Pope Francis speak to Congress on the projector.
-For Social Studies, we have been exploring through California Regions and will be going in detail with California Resources.
1. Finish PreWrite (Brainstorming) for Vocabulary/Spelling story on 4-square paper
2. AR Reading for 20 minutes
1. Practice Book worksheet p. 13
2. Math Facts- addition
Bring a magazine you can cut up
AR Reading for 20 minutes
Math Facts with flashcards and/or IXL
Today we had a successful and fun fieldtrip. We were able to hold baby bunnies and chicks. We picked apples from an orchard and fed farm animals. Thank you to all the parents who drove and chaperoned our kids!!!!
Tomorrow is picture day. Make sure students are dressed in school uniform with white polo and red v-neck shirt. AND don't forget your child's picture day form!
Have a blessed day!
1. Finish your Vocabulary/Spelling rough draft copy in your Language Arts Notebook
Make sure to skip lines
2. AR Reading 20 minutes
3. Finish your research on Types of Apples and where they come from
Tomorrow is our first fieldtrip and few reminders:
-Please bring a disposable sack lunch
-Bring lots of bottled water
-Bring a baseball cap to protect yourself from the sun
1. Brainstorm for Vocab/Spelling Story
2. AR Reading for 20 minutes
Make sure it is your level
Your level should be written in your agenda
3. Practice your handwriting (you may write on the worksheet)
1. Adding and Subtracting Large Numbers Worksheet
Reminder about Wednesday's fieldtrip:
-Bring a disposable sack lunch and lots of water
It will be a hot day!
-Wear your red PE shirt and jeans or jean shorts
-You may wear a baseball cap to protect your face from the sun AND wear sunscreen!
1. Finish 4-square vocabulary
Don't forget to outline and color inside with crayon or colored pencil
2. Spelling Test Unit 1.2 tomorrow.
Study! STUDY! STUDY!
3. Reading Comprehension test tomorrow.
Re-read "How Ali Baba Got his Name" in California Treasures.
-I handed out our fieldtrip forms today. They are due this Friday, September 18th.
-Today, was our first oficial P.E. day with our coach and we were so glad to beat the heat. They will be on Mondays for 60 minutes so make sure students are well equipped with water, comfortable shoes, and their P.E. shirt. :)
Don't forget your child's emergency Earthquake kit was due yesterday, September 9th.
WE SURVIVED ANOTHER HOT DAY!!!! A SPECIAL THANKS TO THE AGUIRRE AND HERNANDEZ FAMILIES FOR DONATING FANS TO OUR CLASS!!!! YOU ARE ALL PHONOMENAL FAMILIES!!!!!
1. Math Facts- IXL or Flashcards
2. AR Reading- Write on a notecard what you read
3. Practice Book worksheet p. 23 (Characters, Setting, and Plot)
DON'T FORGET WE HAVE OUR CLASS MASS TOMORROW!!! AND BRING IN YOUR EMERGENCY PACKET KITS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Don't forget your child's emergency Earthquake kit due tomorrow, September 9th.
IXL A.1 Place Value
Students must must work problems until their smart score is 90 or higher.
1. Find 3 facts on your region
2. Bring 1 small (ziplock bag) of beans, corn kernels, lentils, OR rice by Thursday.
"Diary From Here to There" Comprehension test tomorrow.
Read AR Reading for 20 minutes and tell a family member what you read.